Pregnancy during COVID-19
During this time, keeping yourself and your baby healthy is more important than ever. If you are pregnant during COVID-19, you probably have questions. What if I get it? Should I do anything different? Am I or my baby at greater risk?
To help, we’ve compiled a list of things to keep in mind and to ask your doctor about during your appointments. Please print this and keep it throughout your pregnancy to help you plan for the healthiest and safest delivery.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19), pregnancy, and breastfeeding: A message for patients
- If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or caring for young children – protect yourself and your family from COVID-19
- How to protect yourself & others
When you are pregnant, taking care of yourself and your baby is important. The care you receive when you are pregnant will help your baby come into this world healthy and strong. In order to do this, mothers need health coverage. Texas Children’s Health Plan covers pregnant women and unborn children through Medicaid and CHIP perinatal.
If you qualify for Medicaid, you can get prenatal coverage from Texas Children’s Health Plan. Pregnant STAR members get:
- Prenatal care (the care you get while you are pregnant).
- Prescription drugs.
- Dental care.
Texas Children’s Health Plan offers CHIP perinatal services. CHIP prenatal is no-cost health coverage for pregnant women. To get CHIP perinatal, you must:
- Meet certain income requirements.
- Not qualify for Medicaid.
- Not have any other health coverage.
To learn more, call 1-800-990-8247
CHIP perinatal member benefits include:
- Up to 20 prenatal (the care you get while you are pregnant) visits.
- Prescriptions and prenatal vitamins.
- Labor and delivery of the baby.
- Up to 2 follow-up doctor visits for the mother.
Texas Children’s Health Plan also offers additional support for our STAR and CHIP perinatal members through the following:
- Care Coordination for pregnant members.
- Healthy Pregnancy Website with helpful pregnancy-related information.
- Healthy Rewards Program which offers extra benefits such as the following:
- Basic Baby Care and Birth Classes
- 24-Hour Nurse Help Line.
- Help getting a ride to the doctor or the pharmacy.
- Much more!