Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) is a telephone and computer-based system that replaces paper time sheets, electronically verifies that service visits occur, and documents the precise time service provision begins and ends.
EVV Vendor Transition Documents
- EVV Aggregator and EVV Portal
- EVV Visit Maintenance and Visit Transactions
- EVV Process Flow: Beginning to End
- EVV Mobile Application Available April 1
- New Electronic Visit Verification Provider Data Validation Process
- Alert – EVV Tool kit Module Five: EVV Visit Maintenance
- Reminder EVV Visit Maintenance of MEDsys Historical Data
- EVV Updated Billing Policy Requirements
- EVV Tool Kit – Module 5: EVV Visit Maintenance
- EVV Tool Kit – Module 4: EVV Visit Transactions
- EVV Tool Kit — Module Three: EVV Roles and Responsibilities
- EVV Roles and Responsibilities - February 15, 2019
- EVV Visit Maintenance of MEDsys EVV Historical Data
- EVV Tool Kit – Module Two: EVV Roles and Responsibilities
- EVV Roles and Responsibilities - February 1, 2019
- Access to EVV Data for Providers Not Active with an Approved EVV Vendor
- EVV Tool Kit – Module One: An Introduction to EVV
- HHSC Electronic Visit Verification: EVV 101 Introduction to EVV - January 15, 2019
- 21st Century Cures Act: Texas EVV Implementation
- Change to Access of Historical EVV Records Stored by Sandata
- Communication from Unaffiliated Third Party Regarding EVV
- Provider Proprietary EVV System Survey
- Information Notice - Potential Evaluation of Increasing EVV Vendor Pool
- Final Reminder to EVV Providers Transitioning to DataLogic
- Reminder to EVV Providers Transitioning to DataLogic
- The 21st Century Cures Act and Electronic Visit Verification
- Electronic Visit Verification Providers Transitioning To Datalogic
- Notice of Billing Policy Changes to Providers Required to Use EVV
- Transitioning Providers: EVV Claims May Be Denied Or Recouped
- EVV Revises Unallowable Phone Identification and Recoupment Policy
- MEDsys Providers – Key Dates, Transition Instructions and Frequently Asked Questions
- EVV Electronic Authorization Pilot
- IMPORTANT Revision to MEDsys-Issued Small Alternative Devices Return Policy
- Visit Maintenance Reduction Solutions
- EVV Transition Timeline
- News for Providers Transitioning to DataLogic Vesta
- Vesta Tour of Texas Information Sessions
- Data Collection Information for Providers Transitioning to DataLogic Vesta EVV System
- Update: Temporary Reduction in Minimum EVV Compliance Score Requirement Visit Dates Has Changed
- Small Alternative Device Zip Tie Policy Change
HHSC’s MEDsys Contract Expires – Will Not Be Renewed
HHSC’s contract with MEDsys expires Nov. 6, 2018 and is not renewing. MEDsys is operating under its second correction action plan related to data issues, which does not meet HHSC’s goal ensuring the accuracy of EVV data.
To lessen the impact from this change to providers:
- HHSC is working in collaboration with MEDsys to transition all providers in phases to Datalogic (i.e. Vesta) before the MEDsys contract expires.
- Providers should continue to use their EVV system until the transition is complete.
MEDsys data and system improvements efforts will remain underway during this time.
HHSC will be providing additional communication after completing discussions with MEDsys, Datalogic, MCOs and HHSC leadership.
Please email HHSC EVV at Electronic_Visit_Verification@hhsc.state.tx.us for questions regarding this notice.
- ESad Electronic Process
- Provider Compliance Plan
- Approved Telephone Service
- Data Elements
- Revised Reason Codes Effective December 1, 2016
Provider agencies required to use an HHSC approved Electronic Vistit Verificaton system must begin using the revised and new reason codes on Dec. 1, 2016. Failure to use the revised and new reason codes may result in claim denial, recoupment or contract action.
- Addition to reason code 305 with an effective date of July 1st: If the EVV system is missing the start or end time of the visit, the provider must document the missing time in the free text field. The alert for RC 305 and the new reason code spreadsheet with the effective date 07/01/2017 has been posted to the HHS EVV website.
EVV Contact Info
EVV questions and concerns please contact provider relations: