Texas Children’s Health Plan urges you to renew your health coverage. Families must renew their CHIP coverage every year. Families on Medicaid must renew coverage every 6 months.
You should get a renewal packet in the mail from the Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC). When you get your packet, fill it out and review it completely. If you are having trouble, give us a call. If you have children on several different health plans, you can get them all on one plan. Find out how.
Your family needs to:
- Look over the information on the renewal application.
- Fix any information that is not correct.
- Show proof of current income and costs to be deducted.
- Sign and date the application.
- Look at the health plan options, if it applies.
- Return the renewal application and documents of proof by the due date.
To learn more about renewing your health coverage call CHIP/Children’s Medicaid call center toll-free at 1-877-543-7669.